Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Hair today, adorn tomorrow

Myra Callan from twigs & honey has the most gorgeous hair adornments I have ever seen. The pieces from twigs & honey are such beautiful options for non-traditional brides.

Myra writes, "I'm heavily inspired by the natural environment because it happens to be one of my passions and what I studied and researched." So, many of her looks feature feathers, flowers, leaves and berries. I also love the very tactile quality, as she mixes lace, glass beads, and silk.

Here is a quick peak at Myra's hair adornments:







Each piece is made by hand. And, she accepts custom design orders from brides! For custom orders, Myra says:

"I always want to hear what the client would like first...[we] usually come to a loose agreement on the design and I go for it. I tend to attract brides that value the details while maintaining a level of uniqueness and quality. Many twigs & honey brides don't want the typical veil or bridal hair piece. They instead are looking for something that fits their personal style and not just typical and traditional. "

You can have your own custom-made hair adornment for around $70 depending on style, materials, and complexity.

She gets booked up pretty quickly! For more information, please visit twigs & honey.

No comments: