Monday, June 30, 2008

Eric Laurits Seeks Joy

While I love most wedding photographs, they tend to look flat and slightly generic to me.

When I learned about Eric Laurits, a New England based photographer, I immediately went onto to his site. I was expecting the same commercial photographs that I had seen millions of times in magazines and wedding blogs. However, I was delighted and surprised to see how emotional his photographs are. The images are multi-dimensional, capturing not just the couple together, but also the emotions shared by the couple. His work is poignant, honest, tender and truly candid. Seriously, even his close-up shots don't look posed.

Here are some of my favorite images from Eric's blog.


Photograph from: Jackie and Billy's "Together" Session

Photographs from: Jackie and Billy's "Together" session


Photograph from: Keryn and Jason's wedding


Photograph from: Andrew and Bernice's wedding


Photograph from: Jana and Tim's "Together" session

To see more of Eric Laurits's extraordinary photographs, go to his blog: Seek The Joy or his website: Eric Laurits .


No comments: